Help your patients begin their Trulicity® therapy
As you get your patients started on Trulicity, here is some information that may help the conversation.
Give them the details:
- It's once weekly1
- It’s in an easy-to-use pen*2
- In a study, 94% of people said the Trulicity pen was easy to use*2
- It helps control blood sugar1
- Trulicity can help lower A1C and blood glucose levels
- It may cause some side effects1
- Many patients experience nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Discuss the Boxed Warning and other warnings/precautions as appropriate for your patient
*People with type 2 diabetes, caregivers of people with diabetes, and healthcare professionals who treat diabetes participated in a study on the safe and effective use of the Trulicity pen and the instructions for the Trulicity pen. One hundred and twenty-seven of 128 people completed a questionnaire on their experience using the pen and the instructions. One of the questions asked in the questionnaire included, “overall easy to use the medication delivery device.”2
Recommended starting dose is 0.75 mg. Dose can be increased to 1.5 mg.
Give them a demonstration
- Explain the Instructions for Use
- Show the demonstration pen
- Let them practice
Consider administering the patient’s first dose of Trulicity while they are in your office.
Watch how to use the Trulicity pen
For complete information on how to use the pen, click here.
Direct them to online resources
Help patients get started with a variety of online resources from the Trulicity website. Patients can watch instructional videos, order a free sharps container, download the patient savings card, and more.
Patients can also download the Trulicity App™, a mobile tool for choosing a Trulicity day and setting up reminders, contacting Lilly medical professionals, and accessing additional information.